Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Indians

Saw a damn funny standup comedy show by this Singaporean fella recently.











Kumar Singapore's best stand up comedian.


Here's the link if you want to watch, seriously damn funny, highly recommended.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v-7Mxlq9qwU&feature=related

So as a Singaporean (or Malaysian) what can you joke about? Of course the Malay, Chinese and Indians. I gotta admit no matter how many times I hear jokes about Indians, there's always something new that will make me laugh.But who's the ones who make this Indian jokes? None other than the Indians themselves. Why do we do it? Cause its fun!!!

This video reminds me of certain things that is happening around me. For some reason, Indians are very 'race conscious'. For example when me and my Indian friends walk together in a group, somebody will realize that our group is all Indians, then we'll call ourselves racist. I'm pretty sure this doesn't happen with Chinese or Malay guys.

There's also this one incident when I was in National Service that when all the Indians sit together, an Indian trainer will tell us to break up and mix with the other races. Why? Just because we're Indians.

Even my family members especially my dad and uncles are race conscious. If they send their car to the workshop to get it fixed the mechanic will either be described as the Chinese fella, Malay fella or Indian fella. When they talk about politics,then its Malay, Chinese or Indian menteri. If go clinic, "Oh today Indian doctor lah". If go kedai runcit then its the Indian shop, Chinese shop or Malay shop.

Recently my brother just got his exam results and this was how the conversation went:

Dad : So who got number 1?
Brother : Got lah my friend.
Dad : Malay, Chinese or Indian?
Brother : Chinese.
Dad : Number 2?
Brother : Chinese also.
Dad : Ohh...

See our Malaysian Indians. Does this happen with other races? Maybe. But I don't think it happens as often as it does with Indians. Haih... What to do...

2 comments:

Vic said...

Dei, this happens to all races lah ^^

Thaya said...

haha.. now i know