Thursday, January 27, 2011

Run Run

I just noticed something. I'm actually an underpronator or supinator. What's that? Too bad its not a good thing. This means I'm not running how I'm supposed to run. Supination is when you put more pressure on the outer side of your foot. If you put more pressure on the inside then it is pronation. So in my case, apparently I don't pronate enough and I supinate too much so I am an underpronator.

Still don't get it? Then look at these pictures. Both pictures are of the right foot by the way.

Foot roll inward = pronation

Foot roll outward = supination (this is me)

Still don't get it? Then see this website.

Still don't get it? Then pandai pandai lah find.

No wonder always get leg pain. Never run properly. Not only leg pain, my shoes also botak on the outside already. If you see my futsal shoes then you can see the outer part of the tapak like damn botak until the rubber also disappeared. Even my black leather shoe also like that. But just a mild baldness. There, my futsal shoes:

See the base? Outer part got curve already.

So what to do? I was searching online then I found one website to ease the problem. So how? Get new shoes!!! But what shoes? It should have all these things:
  • superior cushioning
  • soft, flexible midsole
  • single-density midsoles
  • lightweight running shoes
Sounds like a very expensive shoe to me. Don't know wanna get it or not. And I don't think futsal shoes has any of these qualities. Futsal or running? Hmmm...

Anyway if you run a lot and you think you don't run properly, why not figure out your problem. Got excuse to buy new shoes then.



No comments: