Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Quote Quote

After watching glee the other day (episode 3- grilled cheesus) which is about God, I remembered a quote my aunty used to say. Then a few days after that while talking with people I remembered more quotes. So here are some of the cun quotes that I remember for quite some time now:

1. Prayer is personal
My aunty said this when one of my cousins didn't attend some temple function, then my other relatives taruh him kaw kaw. "Prayer is personal" that's all she said, then problem solved.
2. Pain is temporary, but glory lasts forever.
My senior told me this in high school when we were training for a competition. Very motivational. Remembered until now.
3. Why ask 'why me'?
I heard this on tv actually but I forgot which show. The person was talking about a tennis player who always help others, do charity work and all and was one of the top champions. Very good guy lah lebih kurang. But then he got cancer. So people always ask him "don't you wonder why this happen to you?" So he replied "Why ask 'why me' now when I didn't ask 'why me' when God gave me the championship before." Damn deep rite. So don't ask why me again.
4. Things happen for a reason
This one can say it applies to my daily life lah. I just feel that somehow things that doesn't seem right at that moment will make sense at the end of the day. Somehow.
5. For me to know is for you to find out
My teachers always use this when we ask some obvious or silly questions. I still don't get it until now. Lame lah.
6. For me.
My friends back in Kajang use this all the time. If they ask you to do something and you refuse, their first response to pujuk you would be "for me". For example:

Ali: Dei come watch movie.
Abu: Cannot lah got some homework to do.
Ali : Come lah, for me.

Always like this, without fail.

No comments: